My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Friday, July 01, 2005

May 14th, 2005

Camped out last night. We actually planned on camping for 2 nights but after last night, well… I doubt we will be doing that again anytime soon.

The ground is unbelievably hard. Ok - you’ve had your laugh, now on with this entry. I am not 17 anymore, the supple age I was when I last camped with my parents. Ahh… I don’t like getting old. Anyway, we camped, we cooked, we ate, and minus a few mosquito bites and a hitch in my get-along we are none the worse for the wear.
I doubt we will be planning anymore though until the outhouse is built. We had to use a 5 gallon bucket which, in theory, works fine. Except that no one wanted to sleep in the tent that housed the porta-potty. Yes, of course we took it outside. The smell however was not so easy to move. Yuck. It amazes me how soft I have become. I mean, I used to jump in and out of holes in the ground, chase down wandering cattle, shinny up a tree and hide or hang upside down from it’s limbs. I guess it’s time to admit that this body too has aged. And none too gracefully I might add, if I’m judging by my rear-view after last night’s camp out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home