My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

May 3, 2006


We have officially moved in! Though there are no outlets or running water yet, most of our things have either been given away, sold or otherwise disposed of so we can live as "lightly" as possible. Shawn has been working on the outlets and light fixtures though, so I think we'll have some modern conveniences soon. I am so proud of him for the work he is doing! He didin't grow up in this lifestyle, and yet is absolutely fearless> He got a book from Home Depot on wiring and has hooked up our main line! From a book! With no help or supervision! Of course, he did have me sit nearby with a 2x4 in case he got electrocuted. I joked that yeah, I'd better do that. We want to have a nice looking body if we have to bury you. hehehehe....



He is reading to the children by kerosene lantern at night... it is so quaint and wonderful. Oh it's not as romantic as it sounds perhaps, but this is a summer our children (and we) will never forget. These are MEMORIES. Golden ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home