My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 2, 2006

I am so angry I could spit. In fact, I might have as a few (blushing now) explitives escaped from the back of my mind to the front of my mouth. The dear lady across the road found it in the best interests of getting us off the land she used to ride her horses to call the Department of Health on our septic system installer. I cannot believe some people would stoop so low. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our system, the installer has a good reputation in the community for many years doing this type of work, he has served on the local water board, etc. etc. This isn't some fly-by-night guy with a pick up and a bobcat trying to earn a bit of extra money. He dug our overflow lagoon and graded it so prettily that I envisioned planting roses around the edge! It looks wonderful! We are forced to believe the "neighbor" (and I use that term losely) simply would like to see us give up and move off.

SO now we have an extra $2000 in fines and permits and different materials to come up with. See, our county only recently passed codes concerning waste water systems for private homes on more than 3 acres. We started our system many months earlier to that new regulation going into effect, so our installer made the decision that we would be "grandfathered in" to the current set of regulations without having to formally comply. The neighbor has raised such a fuss that the local guy at the DOH hinted at it being best to handle it at his level rather than have her go over his head. Ugh... the wheels of the system stink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home