My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 20, 2006

Sometimes I wonder what we were thinking (my dear hubby wonders everyday!) in trying to do this whole homesteading thing. Of course it is much more primitive than even WE planned, but still... so much work, so little time.
The glitch in the sewer system seems to be handled, but we are still waiting. While I realize that it was a technicality I also realize the abhorable inconvenience of it all. We sent the money almost 2 weeks ago and had heard nothing so I called the state guy to see what the satus of our application was. He told me he had received the money and was waiting for some more forms from us.

WHAT FORMS???????

Oh - haven't you received the forms outlining the method, materials, blah blah blah of your waster water treatment system?

Uh...

NO.

Sigh... so we're still waiting. I am trying very hard to keep things light and not get discouraged but I have come to one firm conclusion. Ma Ingalls would have surely used paper plates if they had been available for $1.50 at Olsen's Mercantile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home