My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Down a bit...

It would seem that I never get everything done - never. You'd think I would be used to it. But I keep remembering that memory verse from years ago.... "redeem the time for the days are evil" or something like that. My brain is fuzzy these days.

Shawn keeps working on the cook stove. We're not sure if there is something wrong with his wiring or with the stove itself. And the money for an electrician just isn't there so we wait a while, we pray, and Shawn hits on another idea to try to fix the problem. I have learned to cope without a cook stove but with the crisp days we've had lately I do dream of baking again.

I was talking via email with a friend, Cindy... and she mentioned her yard being bare from little feet and a few chickens. She commented that she thought I could probably handle that though if I was to come visit. lol Yeah... around here I call it "landscraping". Little dirt paths going everywhere there is a task to be done. One from the front porch 'round to the clothesline, one through the garden, another to the chicken tractor, one more to the rabbit hutches and milking stand. In my mind I see smooth stones surrounded by sand packed firm leading to our daily chores but until then the "landscraping" will have to do.

We are still waiting to hear from the county about our sewer permit. It's funny, I can dump the kitchen sink water out into my yard or garden, but I can't let it come out of the actual drain legally at the moment... so funny. And infuritating. LOL The guy that does the inspections was here on Friday last and we haven't heard anything yet. He measured and walked the line and such... still nothing. So we wait.

Personally, and I try to keep this just about the "homestead" and not about my personal struggles or victories either for that matter, but personally I have been battling depression lately. The stresses of this year have landed smack-dab on my shoulders and I cannot shake them off. I put on my happy face most of the time but I am not doing well. I've been having migraine headaches for 3 weeks now, about one or 2 a week, with no relief other than waiting them out. The chiropractor says it's stress and that I need to lose weight so my... ummm.... upper body will not pull on my neck and back so much. The medical doctor says it's related to the same but he hands out a bag full of rx's for nerves to "get me through the bad days".

It has been a terribly wonderful year, full of God's workings and close calls. Now that we are on the other side of it though, and this is typical for me, I'm crashing. I have read about the pioneer women going through similar struggles, being alone so much, working so hard, facing difficulties, then when it's all said and done they have nervouse breakdowns and such. LOL Not that I am anywhere near living the life of a true pioneer, but compared to the life we WERE living, it has been quite a change. And I don't think the changes are what has caused the stress but rather my personal timeline being imposed on the project. :-) I feel this should really be done NOW, and that should have honestly been finished a week ago... so that's what needs to change. The move itself has been great. We love it. But I'm going to need to give up my "gotta be done right now" agenda in order to live a "happy" simple life. :-)

So pray for me if you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home