My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Milk & Migraines

I had a terrible migraine headache (I think it was anyway) that started on Thursday night. We have no insurance so I kept it to myself and am still suffering from it somewhat. It's better, but not gone yet by any means.

So I have to tell you all about my weekend. I still have this headache and fuzzy-brain and Shawn is getting really concerned and so he says, "We are going to find you a milk goat this weekend if it's the last thing I do." He has that look on his face you know, that says this and he sets out to do it if he can at all.
You know me, all I ever wanted in the world was to have a milk goat again. So I found on the internet for $200 but she's not milked yet so we'd have to wait until spring for milk and that's really way more than we can afford anyway. He had a friend of his looking and he found one 3 hours drive away. So he loads me and Austin and Luke up in the minivan (he took out the back seat to put the goat in there so we had to leave JOshua and ABby with my mom). We get there, this guy knows we are coming and after 3.5 hours we find the place (typical goat farm) LOL and the goats are not penned up and they are WILD. Think "gazelles". There is no way I could tame one of those things. I could and did when I was 20 but I ain't 20 anymore! Shawn is ticked off because the guy failed to tell him this.. I mean we couldn't get within 50 feet of them!

We drive home, ice on my forhead to help the headache and no goat in the back seat. We get home and go to bed, then yesterday he goes to work and tells me to go see the chiropractor so I took him to work and dropped him off. He also says to find out what it would cost to get me new glasses which we know I need and we're thinking that might be causing the headaches. I got kindof testy with the optometrists office because Shawn bought me new glasses back in February and the rx was never right so, seeing as how you-know-what broke loose here between March and May I never went back to have it fixed. Anyway, they agreed to give me new ones and when I got all said and done, she fixed me up with 2 new pairs (in case I lose one) new frames, everything. Not one red cent!!!!!

I get done at the eye doctor and go to the chiropractor. NO relief and he's concerned I had some sort of mini stroke or something because of my symptoms and makes me promise to go to the ER if anything like that happens again. At this point there isn't anything the could do for me anyway so I'm taking precautions and taking aspirin, garlic, stuff to help thin my blood just in case.

Anyway, headache is still hurting and Shawn is still convinced if he just finds me a goat I will feel better. ROFLOL. Don't ask! I'm a simple girl! We went to talk to this Amish guy last night about working on our house since it's really high and Shawn will not allow me up there again (I and Austin put on half the roof this spring and it's almost 30 feet up). WOuldn't you know it, there is a pen of milk goats righ there by the driveway he is getting ready to bring to the auction! Shawn asks, trying to figure out if he can get the thing in the minivan if he does buy one for me. We go talk to the guy, Shawn makes me get out, etc. etc. and after about an hour, he GIVES ME 2 dairy goats!

He has a goat dairy and these 2 are older and don't give much milk - each only has one side that milks - he GIVES Them to me! 2!!!! So I have free milk, and you know, my headache IS better this morning.

ROFLOL... God is good. Before I fell asleep in Shawn's arms last night I said, "All I need in life is you beside me, my children in the yard playing, a goat to milk, and an occasional trip to the bookstore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home