My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

School Time

School time this year began "officiallly" 2 weeks ago but I made it easy on the children (and myself) by adding one subject at a time rather than trying to dive into the whole thing at once. We took the summer off starting back in March and it has roven to be almost FATAL to our efforts! My most important piece of advice to new homeschoolers is:

NEVER TAKE THE SUMMER OFF!!!

WE had our hours in by then and wanted to devote time to the house and moving in. Plus SHawn thought it would be too much for me to school while hanging sheetrock, etc. etc. He was right but still.... NEVER TAKE THE SUMMER OFF! lol

So I find myself re-training the children since when we don't do school work they tend to do their own thing as a group and I'm doing my own things and we come togethr for only meals and Bible time, etc. This leaves a lot of "little foxes" un-checked and they spoil our vines of careful child training.

So we are back to work on "Yes ma'am." "No ma'am." Don't hit your brother, don't throw things, pick up after yourself. Ugh.... basics. THis morning, BEFORE 8 AM I had to take up an idea from our friend Christine and assign this as copywork before they could have their breakfast.

I will show love to my brother.

I will keep kindness on my lips.

I will rule my own temple and no one else's.

Each sentence 10 times. THey seem very repentant... and hungry... LOL I've not tried this since AUstin was little so we will see if it works for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home