My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Smell of School

I kept smelling something awful when I'd walk into my kitchen for the last afternoon but I could NOT for the life of me, figure out what it was. The fridge was clean, we don't have mice... wait a minute. It smells just like a dead mouse. (Do NOT ask me how I know this.) Oh NO! How did a mouse get in my house?!?! And why is it dead? I don't have traps or bait or anything out!

So I set out to figure out where the smell was coming from, if it was indeed a deceased vermin, and then to dispose of it's carcass. Well... and I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I found the dead mouse. Half of it. In a bag on the top of the counter.

You see, a couple of days ago Abby and Joshua were taking thier daily walk and saw a falcon swoop down in front of them and de-capitate a field mouse. Thinking this would be an excellent afternoon project (disecting it that is) they grabbed a paper bag and ran back to scoop it up for further inspection. I said they could of course, then promptly forgot all about it.

So did they.

Until it began to smell.

3 days later.

Ugghhhhh... one of the "perks" of homeschooling. LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok kelly! i homeschool too but i won't be picking up any dead mice! lol
tami from the group

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home