My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Satuday Morning Update

Goodness, I didn't realize it had been that long since I wrote an update on here! Let me see, what have we been doing...

Abby is better, turned out to be stress related and jsut an infection. We changed the antibiotic and she's fine now. (and drinking lots of kefir to replenish her tummy stuff).

It's winter and I keep thinking that I will have time to knit some more. I have picked up my needles in 2 weeks! I have a wrap for myself that I started last fall that isn't finished yet. At this rate it will be summer before it's finished. Being inside is really yucky... day after day... techinically we could get alot of schoolwork done during this cabin-time, but we spend alot of time squelching fever outbreaks instead of studying. lol Ugh. SPRING!!?!?! Where are you???

I got my first seed catalog in the mail last week so I've been planning my garden in my mind since then. Of course I'll plant too much, the weeds will grow like wildfire, and I won't put by as much as I hope to, but still. It's fun to plan. Our dairy goat kids should arrive in May so we have to get the goat complex finished by then. Err.... of course we'll have to START it before we can finish it.... hhhhmmmm.....

It's s bit cold in here. The east side of the house is still open underneath though so that's why. I haven't had the money to even buy straw bales to stack up there. Straw is really high this year. But I figure only a month more to go and we'll be out of cold weather season. The pellet stove is doing very well but it costs a mint to run. I have to buy a bag at a time sometimes with change from the car's ashtray... lol but we stay warm. God provides.

Speaking of car. It is licensed, insured, bonefide LEGAL to drive and drive it we have been! Lots of errands and counseling apopintments, etc. It so wonderful how we had so few of these things to do when I was without a vehicle and the day I got it back the phone started ringing!!! God is good.

That's all for now, I think. Lots to do before spring, and still, not much I can do UNTIL spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home