My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Narnian Nights

I have been reading through the Narnia series (again!) each night before bed and prayers. This particular passage from "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" jumped out at me and I thought I would share it here.

Nasty Cousin Eustace has just be de-dragoned by Aslan and he is telling Edmund how it happened. He had been trying to do it himself but layer after layer of dragon skin came off with no change in his appearance.

"The the lion said - but I don't know if it spoke - 'You will have to let me undress you.' I was afraid of his claws, I can tell you, but I was pretty near desperate now. SO I just lay flat down on my back to let him do it.

"The very first tear he made was so deep that I thoguht it had done right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off, it hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. The only thing that made me able to bear it was just the pleasure of feeling the stuff peel off. You know - if you've ever picked the scab of a sore place. It hurts like billy-oh but it is such fun to see it coming away."

"I know exactly what you mean," said Edmund.

"Well, he peeled the beastly stuff off - just as I thought I'd done it myself the other three times, only they hadn't hurt - and there it was lying on the grass: only ever so much thicker and darker, and more knobbly-looking that the others had been. And there was I as smooth and soft as a peeled switch and smaller than I had been. ..."
"Smaller than I had been."
What a wonderful result of being "peeled"
by the Master!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home