My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Musings

I still wake up sometimes and think, "This is just a dream. This can't be happening. AGAIN." But it is. And I have to get up and deal with it as best I can. It's just unreal the amount of pressure there is to be all your children have day in and day out.

I currently have no transportation. My minivan finally died. Good ridance. lol I'm not at all concerned about it. Honestly not being able to run here and there has been good for me. Good for the children. Good for my homekeeping. Our insurance through the state provided transportation to doctor appointments so I really have no reason to have a car. It is just an expense that I can't afford right now. Should God provide one fine - if not fine. I am in His hands, and would rather rest there than anywhere else.

The flooring isn't really that badly damaged after all. There are a couple of seams that have curved up a bit but you can't see them unless I point it out. The house is settling though - quite a bit really. I have got to come up with a plan to remedy that before next winter. As well as how to get the floor insulated and the rest of the perimeter closed in outside. We are cosy here though - nice and cozy.

Schoolwork has taken a bit of a nosedive since Shawn left. We normally take off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I plan our year accordingly so we can enjoy family, holidays, special events without the stress of "we've got to do schoolwork". Other than a day here and there I can't get myself motivated to really get back into it full time. We are reading ALOT since we aren't watching movies (A prayer answered actually) and they are reading alot themselves too. Luke is even making progress with his wight words, so I guess we are accomplishing somethings? I jsut wish I could do "relationship makeover" with the children and I. I find myself constantly wondering how to deal with the way they communicate with each other. Abby generally cries over everything and doesn't say that osmething is bothering her until she explodes. Austin and Joshua push and tend to bully each other and Abby. Mostly they treat Abby like she is inferior. They are making progress there too but !!! So many changes that need to be made.

The boys have been working out their fristrations and anger about all this by digging postholes for our fence. I am amazed! I haven't even gone out with them and they have 3 posts set. Now, these are 9ft long telephone poles sit and tamped into holes that are 3 feet deep!!!! They will need cut off but as they are they weigh alot! I told them "DIG! Have fun!" not realizing they were actually going to build fence! They are awesome.

Abby is anxiously awaiting spring and the return of bugs to our landscape so she can gather some to study. She is not happy that there are no bugs in winter. She did find a tiny spider but it died. NO, we didn't have a funeral, but there were tears. lol

I keep praying about what to do for income. At present child support is barely enough for fixed expenses, none for gas (for the car I don't have! LOL) . I will have $23 dollars left over each week if the support is granted at what he is paying now. Assuming that is all I am awarded then I should be able to survive. I am looking for something to make to bring to farmer's markets in the summer. I know, I won't get rich, barely make anything doing that, but it's something. And it's something that I can stay home with the children to do. The other option is sewing machine repair. I have the mechanical ability to do something like that and I could do it here. There is no one in my town that I am aware of that does it. Of course, all this until I complete my midwifery training and start that adventure!

So anyhow - that's my musing for today. Will post more pics later hopefully. Here is the bathroom. Unfinished, but that follows the theme of the entire house. ;o)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there suppose to be a picture with this "Wednesday Musings"?
Just wondering!
God Bless You!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home