My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Diverse Trials

I read this quote this morning and thought "How true..." tonight it takes on a whole new depth as it was quite a day here.

"How can it be a large career to tell other people's children about (arithmetic) ,
and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe?
How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone,
and narrow to be everything to someone?
No; a woman's function is laborious because it is gigantic,
not because it is minute." ~G.K. Chesterton
On Saturday both our dvd player and clothes dryer quit. I don't know what happened to either of them. They just stopped working. The dryer DID have a funny smell though... So today we had friends come over (after he looked at it on Sunday afternoon) and bring us a new dryer. Not brand new but pretty close. I'm so happy - it's just the kind I had before we sold everything and moved to smeinary for my husabnd a few years back. It even has the alarm that soudns when the cycle is finished. I loved that! New dryer: check.
The dvd player is not really that important except I was doing my workout video on it. I'm going to try to remember the stuff and do it without though. Back on that wagon I go. With the dvd player or without it!
I had to spend a big space of time with my attorney today (I'll spare you the details) sorting things out. That was SO draining. I needed a nap when I was finished. But...
I had to return a few items from our family dinner (held here last evening) and when we got home there was a HUGE amount of water on the floor from the bathroom. I realized that I had put the drain hose in the outlet but not far enough in and after I started the new load it sprayed the entire tub of water onto the floor. And onto our new wood laminate. UGh... I don't know how to get the water out from underneath it. It will most likely cause the laminate to warp to some degree. We put the electric heater blowing along the edge and prayed it won't be too bad.
Then we smelled electrical and the kitchen breaker flipped off. I was barely finished cleaning up the water spill.
I took a look and sure enough we smelled it BADLY in the kitchen. I found the culprit though. My coffee pot has been leaking water when I turn it on each morning, I just tuck a towel underneath and that catches it all, and I had started a fresh pot after I got home today withOUT the towel. Somehow it was causing a short in the coffee pot. As soon as I shut off and unplugged the coffee pot the beaker quit flipping off. And the smell is gone. That smell can be quite unnerving.
I knew the Lord was dealing with me on both the amount of television the children had been watching (I've guiltily used it for babysitting the past few weeks) and the amount of coffee I drink. Guess He solved both problems today! They were watching probably 2-3 movies a week and we don't have satellite or an antennae. That doesn't sound like alot to many people but for us (and Luke especially) it's too much.
The blessing of the day came in the mailbox (thank you Anonymous!) and in the form of a new garden shed. It's in EXCELLENT shape, matches the house and everything. I couldn't have chosen a better one. And it was free, compliments of our mortgage holder. :o) God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home