My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Latest Creations


Like a good old lady I have been prefecting my knitting skills lately. lol Here is a hand towel that I made for my kitchen. It's out of 100% cotton like I make my dishclothes out of. I am always looking for a hand towel after drying dishes. This one isn't going anywhere! I started out with a pattern but ended up doing my own thing - glorified ribbing really. At this point in my life I need mindless knitting... that is what appeals so much about it me. It relaxes me. If i'm trying to follow a pattern while teaching, or sitting in an office waiting, or etc. etc. I just end up messing it up. And that is NOT relaxing.

And here is my latest apron. I'm planning on making a ton of aprons to have at the Farmer's Market this year. This is #2. I'm not making much progress towards having a "ton" am I? lol

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hall said...

I *want* some dishcloths!!!! My MIL has a 100% cotton knitted dishcloth and I love it! There's something you can sell! I was doubtful, at first, about a "knitted dishcloth," but after using it I was sold... So, how much for the dishcloths? LOL You do sell a set, too--dish cloth and towel...hmmmm....sign me up...

6:22 AM  
Blogger 6littlelambs said...

Kelly, now THAT is a practical apron!!! I think you could start a new trend AND make money at farmer's market. There's some ladies on the shed who've gotten together to sell things on hyena cart. I think it's called Fruitful Hands or something like that. They sell all kinds of homemade things. That might be something to look into if you're interested. We miss you over at Healthy Living. Our team had the most points :) Pretty amazing considering Jamie and I were the only two left for the last 4 to 6 weeks :D I read what you're going through and it reminds me so much of where I've been. Please feel free to email me any time. I'd love to hear from you!!
Love ya dear friend,
Renee

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home