My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 24, 2006

A nice bath just finished... having clean armpits always inspires me. :-)
I spurged (big time) and bought matching shampoos and conditioner for "brunettes". Now, my husabnd is quick to point out that those shampoos and such are gimmicks. They add shine honey, that's all. The minute you get some build up or shampoo again it's of no use. I don't care. The smell was divine. The reason for buying shampoo and conditioner for "brunettes" is because of my ever-reddening hair. It seems that the more I am outside the more fiery it becomes! Nothing against red-heads (I have one myself), it's just that nothing matches with red hair. My makeup is off-colored, my favorite color pink is a nightmare to try to wear because the freckles that, again, are compliments of the Midwest sunchine, are ever-increasing as well. So I spend an extra dollar or two on shampoo in hopes of toning it down a bit rather than the $10 pr so for a home-job hair color.
Speaking of the smell... it must have been that which drew the June bugs because, well it's June I know but they were all over my head last night. They are fat, sneaky little things and as soon as I would pluck one off I would feel the sticky feet of another one slowly climbing to the top of my wet hair (slathered in conditioner at this point). It must have been the smell of the conditioner because up until now I haven't had a problem at all with them. Oh well...
The weather has been delicious lately. Since Thursday the highs have been in the 80's with nice stiff breezes. It looks like more rain tonight though. Better get to bed early because the kids upstairs with the tin roof right above them (and nothing between) are still frightened half out of their minds from the noise. It is rather loud I'll have to admit. They'll be downstairs lickety-split at the first drops.
I've been thinking of Tasha Tudor lately. I checked out a few of her books and a biography of her life a few years ago and the one thing that really sticks out is her clothes. I am absolutely fascinated with the way she dressed. In case you haven't had the pleasure of getting to know the lovely Tasha Tudor, here is her website: http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/

She dressed the way you see in these pictures all the time. I wonder when she began to do it? It's one thing for a bit of an excentric woman in her 60's or so to dress this way, but a 30 something woman dressing that way? With 4 kids in tow? I'm not so sure.... lol. People think I'm "QUIRKY" now!!!!! I would seriously love it though. Dressing old fashioned.... long dresses, calico prints.... lace.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home