My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

1st Corinthians 10:13

My country quest here has been fabulous for my hair. (Can you tell I'm trying to find the good in this situation? LOL) No hot water or heating elements on it since May. Wowzer what shine I have. Unbelievable. I have a few split ends that I"m going to snip off today if I get a chance. This is the healthiest my hair has ever been. I wash it about once a week now and NO heat of any kind has touched it. That's all I can attribute it to. I've been crocheting little thingys for Abby and mine's hair. A little flower is my favorite then I chain stitched onto both sides on the back so it would tie around a ponytail. Cute. On Abby anyway. I probably look like Mama Cass in it. :-P

I need to start walking. The boys measured and mowed a path for me in the back "yard" (2 acres). I have to go around X many times to make a mile. I just can't take any time for myself! I'm a nut lately. Just can't make myself take any time to take care of me. Shawn finally commented on my hairy legs... I knew that was coming but who has the time or inclination to linger in a cold tub of water long enough to shave one's legs??? LOL Outside?

We brought the tub inside last night and used it that way. I had syrupy dreams of soaking in a hot tub last night while Shawn watched the news... NOT. I finally quit pouring in boiling tubs of water at 10:30 and gave up. It was not even TEPID. Disappointing but oh well.
We got the news from the county about our sewer system. The overflow pond has been dug 27 feet too close to the road and we have to move it. That means another $400 for the dozer man. Then because it has to be moved UPHILL we will have to PUMP our sewage into the pond and that pump costs $1200. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon. The guy knows we are dumping our gray water (tub, kitchen sink, etc) on the yard and he's fine with that for now so we are considering a real-live outhouse for winter and hooking up the shower, hot water, etc. inside the house and letting it drain to the east side of the yard. I have planted trees there in my mind so it would be good for them! LOL

We honestly don't know what to do. We have made a committment not to go into anymore debt but this seems to be bigger than our meager finances can handle. If our NERVES can then we could wait until spring to do it, saving bits here and there and using some of our income tax refund to cover it. Then there is the min-van. It broke down again. THis time it's the transmission and something else, plus the oil pan is leaking. It never ends! My life verse lately has become,

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is
common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer
you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the
temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
1 Corinthians 10:13

The [it] here being rather extreme it seems to me. But then, I've always been the type to get into scrapes of one kind or another based on convictions. *sigh* And I'm not sure if composting toilets and cold outdoors baths are "common" to any men or women I have personally known but oh well. I get the point. :-) God has proven Himself faithful time and time again. Why should I worry? I ask myself this question on a daily basis now:
What impact does this present "trial" have on eternity?
Then if it doesn't, and most of them don't... I hit the "I Don't Care" button that my friend Cindy M. gave me and shrug it off. That's getting down to brass tacks as my Grandma would put it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home