My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

Mother of 12

A Day In the Life of My Best Friend Sherry
Now even though that's the title to this little entry, it is really a bit misleading. I didn't get anywhere near to as much done in a day as she does! Thank the Lord He sends one baby at a time. With hers and mine together I had an even dozen to train up. Whoa... make no mistakes. I "HERDED" them. NO training was implemented!
First of all Sherry, let me just say that while you are waiting for your children and husband to "rise up and call you blessed" I want to do it. You are quite a woman. I knew that but now I KNOW that! :-) Your older children are bearing much fruit. I put the boys on vacation mode when I got here and tried to do their chores (HA!) and take care of the baby. I think they got about 12 hours of vacation before I had to cry out for HELP!!! lol They were great - all asking if there was anything they could do to help before they headed outdoors to play or into the family room to play a video. It was awesome.
Ladies from Sherry and Don's church called and bragged on her children - I said, "I know!" They then asked me, "How are you managing?" I answered, "I'm fine. Sherry taught me the good stuff about child training."
Before Sherry I had never heard of Michael Pearl, tomato staking, or discipling children. I heard her talk about "having her children's hearts" and I was clueless. I hadn't heard the term "train up" outside of Bible devotions and I had no idea how to implement nor what blessing were to be had if I would obey. I didn't know God was really in control of conception, childbirth and postpartum healing, I didn't know any of this! I had a love for herbal medicine but didn't realize you could really USE it sans the "emergency" stuff that comes up. I didn't know! I had never met anyone who handed out tracts at the grocery store nor anyone who taught their children to do the same. I had never heard of courtship or alternatives to dating. I had a surface knowledge of submission but not a working one.
It's amazing hwo much ignorance I was living in before the Lord sent Sherry to our friend Don. I often think, "God sent Sherry to Missouri for me as much as He sent her here for Don!"
And so being here for her while she went in for surgery to remove a tumor on her thyroid has been SUCH a blessing. And I mean that. I have heard the Lord speak despite being busier than I have ever been with children. He has renewed my love for my children, encouraged me to "redeem the time" and make my house (physically and spiritually) ready to receive more blessings when He sends them.
I had better stop, not because she will get a big head over my gushing, but because I'm tearing up and there is still laundry to do. :-) I love you much sister. Thank you for all you are in my life and every life you touch. Your light shines bright my friend.
=============
P.S. Sherry's tumor was benign and they were able to leave enough of her thyroid to maintain normal functioning. God is So good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed this post!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home