My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 25, 2006

Just finished putting 2 cut-up rabbits with a can of mushrooms and 2 cans ofcream of mushroom soup into the crockpot. I would like to add some sherrycooking wine (they say that helps the moisture stay in) but I don't haveany. I'll add onions later - Shawn loves them. This is my first dish withrabbits that isn't fried or just barbequed. We will see how it turns out! Ihave no recipe because although there are load of them on the net, there arevery few that do not call for strange ingredients which I do not have accessto. So neccesity is the mother of invention! :-) Baked potatoes with it, ormaybe fried if I get my stove to working, on the big iron skillet. Greenbeans and fresh salad from the garden... OHHH!!! I'm in heaven!!!!!(Assuming the rabbit dish isn't a wash-out!)

Speaking of stoves, I think we have it wired backwards. I know,,, you allare sitting there horrified probably that we are doing all this high-techstuff ourselves, probably thinking for sure that we're going to burn thehouse down around us. Well, we aren't. If God chooses to let the house burndown then so be it. Otherwise we just do what needs done and pray forwisdom. He has been faithful to provide that as we need it so far. We aren'tbeing stubborn or prideful by doing these things ourselves. Rather it is the only way we can afford for them to be done, and so we keep our hands to theplow and press on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home