My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Muffins in the Oven

HEY all! :-) Guess what? No really - go ahead! Guess! I have an oven! My awesome God showed my awesome husband how to fix our electrical problem so now I have a cook stove and a dryer again! And hot water is only a day away! Woohoo!

Shawn was at work yesterday (he's a barber) and told me last night that he yelled at God. He said, "No Kelly. I yelled. I said, Where are you at? I am desperate here! I can't figure this out on my own! I had to say I was sorry but I really cried out to God." Later that afternoon (very soon after) a guy comes in for a haircut and they do the whole, "What do you do?" conversation. Gues what HE does? He's an electrician! So within about 10 minutes he had figured out our problem and told how to fix it. Within 20 minutes of being home he had the problem fixed and now I have muffins in the oven! :-)

Here is the recipe and a link to an AWESOME selection of muffin recipes. And I have these pans that make them look like donuts when they are baked. Its amaing how many more get eaten when they look like donuts. LOL

BROWN SUGAR OATMEAL MUFFINS
Recipe By : Posted on Prodigy by Susan Argyelan.
Serving Size : 12
Categories : Muffins

1 cup Old-fashioned oats
1 cup Whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup All-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 large Eggs
3/4 cup Packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Butter -- melted
Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Heat oven to 400. Grease muffin cups, or use foil or paper baking cups. Thoroughly mix oats, flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and brown sugar in another bowl. When smooth, whisk in milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Fold in with a rubber spatula, just until dry ingredients are moistened. Scoop the batter into muffin cups. Bake 15 to 25 min., or until springy to the touch in the center. Turn out onto a rack to cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm gonna try these!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey K, vegetable oil is mentioned in the recipe. But it does not say what amount or what it is for. Can I get your help on this.
Have you got my e-mail address? MMB

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home