My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Baking Day

I have some bread in mind to make today, and I thought I'd make muffins for breakfasts and maybe some Pumpkin Cookies I got the recipe for. I'll post it if it turns out well.

I don't usually read Mother Earth News, but it caught my eye this month so I bought it. This article was a real eye-opener! Why You Don't Need Antibacterial Soap . I knew there was a reason I feel better about my homemade soap floating down my kitchen drain. I know I'll never buy it again. I mean increasing the incidents of "blue baby" syndrome in newborns??? Wow.... I'm using the last of my soap made last summer and I need to make some more. I don't think I"ll scent the batch this time. I got tired of the smell after awhile. Maybe if it was lemon or something I wouldn't mind it but a person can get sick or gardenia month after month. hehehe

The shower is mostly installed now. I lost the little wrench for taking off the faucet handle, which with it on there I cannot install the tin on the wall behind it. GGrrrr.... I know I put it in the toolbox but it has disappeared. I knew I would need it again. I'm thinking it's metric too because none of our wrenches will fit it. Anyhow, it worked really well - no glitches and it looks so COOL! I'll post a picture when it's all done. :o) Votes for what color I should paint the wall above it? The metal is silver of course, and I thought about blue but it will look pretty chilly in there, so then I thought about lavendar or maybe even red - go with a farm theme you know? So anyhow... VOTE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home