My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cool Nights

My goodness it's cold in here! The temp was supposed to be down to 34 last night... I'm not sure it got that cold but it's a frosty 51 in here right now. We have to talk to our financer and ask for an extension on our mortgage so we can buy the rest of the insulation for the room and hook up our pellet stove this weekend. It will probably be fine, if not then we will have to go another week like this.
I am about halfway finished with my knit shawl. It is turning out pretty! I tried my hand at a fancy pattern only to get it wrong and have to pull it all out. So I stuck with the tried and true stripe pattern I came up with knit 5, purl 5, then purling every other row. It makes for a nice pattern and vertical stripes are always a favorite for me! :-) I laid that project aside for a bit this week though to knit up an absolutely delicious little baby hat for a friend. (Hi Lu!) I'm trying to figure out the booties to match now. So I switch between the shawl and the booties. :-)
The children put a couple of things in the fair yesterday. Joshua made his famous chocolate chip cookies for the baking contest, and Abby & Luke entered our Nature Walk collection in the art contest. Austin and Shawn will be singing in the talent show Friday night. I'm so excited for them. Austin isn't nervous at all - I think Shawn is more than he is. I was going to put my bread in (at everyone's insistence) but it was hectic enough trying to get everyone else's thing to the fair on time, in one piece, etc. I barely got supper cooked!
I have alot of work that the garden needs before frost. But I hesitate to work out there with so much to do on the house. So I end up doing nothing. Grrr... I have had errands to run every day this week. Every day! School was bare-bones all week so far, and the laundry is still on the sofa, though folded now. Sigh... not enough hours in my day. We have a dozen laying hens waitin for us so the chicken hosue HAS to be finished soon. It's up, standing there like a skeleton in the backyard waiting for siding.
========================
Update: Austin took 2nd place out of 7 at the Talent Show, Abby & Luke gt a 3rd place ribbon for the Nature Collection, and Joshua didn't place with his cookies. The competition was fierce though and he is practicing for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home