My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

4 Nails, A Rock and a Pocket Knife

That's what I found in the bottom of my washing machine today! I am training Joshua to do laundry - he is loving it by the way - and I guess we need a lesson in checking pockets. I think I forgot that part! He is doing fabulous-ly at the job and enjoying being a part of the working of the household. I am constantly amazed at the difference it makes when I assign a child a chore and then PRAISE them for it, making sure they know how important it is, etc. The difference in the quality of work, how often I have to remind them is amazing.

On this note, Abby is learning the kitchen cleanup while at the same time getting some much needed one-on-one with me. She is so lonely some days. I remember the feeling. Wishing I could be in the kitchen with my Mother - working with her, talking to her. She was a Wonder-Woman mother. Never asked for or needed our help in the kitchen. Abby is doing very well, and again with me appreciating her work as part of the greater good here at home she is proving both diligent and happy at her work.
A list of things to do today so I will sign off. It's a Car Day, which means I have a thousand miles to go before dinner time. Ugh. I hate them and would much rather be here puttering around, making bread or cookies, amnswering emails, reading to the children, knitting.... ahhhh . . . . maybe this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home