My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dreamy Days

I know Shawn gets tired of seeing me so worn out - so tired from working on the hosue all day +taking care of the children + laundry/housekeeping/cooking + schoolwork. I generally appear as a wet dishcloth at the door to greet him. I sometimes gt a glance of myself in a mirror, in a window's reflection and wonder who this old worn out woman is!

And so yesterday I made an exception to my hasty days and made a bit of time just for me. I ran the children outdoors. I didn't use bubbles of course, the old horse trough just makes them stick to the sides. :-) but I had already heated up lots of boiling water on the stovetop so it was just right when I had everything set for my first hot bath since we moved in. As I lay back and closed my eyes to relax a bit I wondered if the old fashioned mothers did the same once in a while, putting out the children while she soaked in a tub just by herself after an especially hard days work. I imagined myself a pioneer mother, out on the plains with no one in sight other than the children and I tucked in an old sheet across all the openings that don't have curtains yet.

The house was gloriously dim and quiet. I could hear the children playing and laughing outside - that was enough "mood music" for me and instantly put a smile on my face. I lay back my head and prayed for renewed strength, for grace for another day, for mercy and forgiveness. Then I prayed for a new vigor in my homemaking and homeschooling. For a new love for my husband that I would reverence and honor him, for everything good and praiseworthy that I have yet to accomplish.
Then I jumped out, dressed in a new crisp skirt and blouse fresh from the clothesline, and finished up the supper fixin's. We had:
sausage patties
baked potatoes
Spanish rice (brown rice with tace seasoning)
carrots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home