My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Need to kick it in gear...

I just have lost my zing this week. Totally. And I'm not sure why? I am depressed again - that kind that makes me want to just sleep and nothing else? You know the drill... after a few days you realize you've been wearing your sleeping sweat pants several days straight and one of your children ask if you lost your brush. Your husband asks if you're alright with that look that says, "You're not alright at ALL." Ugh...

I would attribute it to several things probably. 1) we still have no flooring down and boy am I getting tired of the dirt. No matter how much I sweep or mop the dirt is still here. 2) out sewer system is totally NOT moving and our installer hasn't called to update us on the plans in, oh - about 2 months. Neither will he return our calls. I'm sure he's jsut really busy but still? 3) I had a total sigar binge this weekend with pecan pie. Oh wow was it good. But I've felt like a slug all week. A high price to pay considering I felt the best I have felt in YEARS last week. 4) there are decision that need to be made about church and none are made yet. That is so hard. So we're out of a church right now. We found one that looks really good but it's over an hour away and Shawn says that's too far to drive. It is a long way. 5) Family sitations are no better than they were 6 months ago with no change in sight.

Ugh.... I just want to crawl in bed and stay there with the covers over my face for - oh, maybe a month?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm, pecan pie!
sad to say,i can relate to the floor situation.
been there with the sweats too lol

5:23 AM  
Blogger 6littlelambs said...

hehehe looks like I'm stalking you again :D I just sat here and read your ENTIRE archives! Can I be one of the "nuts" and say your life on the homestead sound great?!?!? That's always been my dream. My favorite thing to play growing up was "Little House on the Prairie" I still re-read the books at least once a year :-) I'll go for now and try to do something productive...hahaha

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home