My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Crispy Treats

I woke up this morning, having slept with one eye open all night, to find the pellet stove still plugging away. We installed it yesterday and sat around the fire last night, no TV, I was knitting, Shawn was reading to the children. It was wonderful. I commented something like, "Why can't every evening be like this?" to which Shawn replied, "Umm... 'cause I'd go crazy?" HAhAha! He turned the tv on after the children were in bed to catch the weather.

I went into the kitchen this morning to make coffee and realized we are OUT. Ugh... not fun... so I'm sipping on coffee made from yesterday's grounds (can we saw EW?!). I thought about making pancakes for breakfast but it's too cold in the kitchen. There is just a little bit of insulation left to put up there and the wind is whipping right up and through it. So my toothbrush was FRIGID when I picked it up off of the window sill. Ahh.... I wonder what pioneers did for tooth brushes? I'm judging from the fact that they never showed their teeth in photos that they were probably mostly rotten. yuck. In any case, I'm sure it was colder for them to brush than it is for me. Nice and toasty in the rest of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home