My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blessed Sabbath Rest

This was, almost by far, the best Sunday we have had as a family in a long time. We woke up and Shawn led us in family devotions around the kitchen table after breakfast (eggs and bacon). The children each read part of the verses and asked questions, gave opinions, interacted. They all commented later in the day how much they enjoyed it. We napped, rested... talked... snuggled... the perfect day for it too as it rained softly for most of the day.
Oh - on the eggs and bacon. I figured out a way to cook breakfast while I am in the shower!!!! I sprayed 2 large jellyroll pans with Pam cooking spray and laid out a pound of bacon on one. On the other I broke 9 eggs (though we could have eaten a dozen because everybody really liked them this way) after spraying it with cooking spray too. I didn't stir them or anything, jsut slated and peppered and put it all in the oven. I baked them both on 375 for about half an hour. And whaalah! Poached eggs (or close) with bacon. No grease spatters either. This will come in handy when I get up at 5am to cook Shawn's breakfast before work.

Last evening we had a wonderful time of fellowship with our friends Shawn & Christine & family in celebration of their son's birthday. There was a medeival theme and we ate taco's with no utensils!!! Too fun!!! The boys were awarded their knights-in-training sheilds after passing the test for chivalry. Too too fun!
I was browsing a blog I visit every so often and came across this article on homemaking. It is a very concise, well-written argument for biblical homekeeping. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home