My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happenings


I suppose some of you already know, and some of you reeeeally smart people will have figured out that something has been happening or I would have been posting more updates. My husband of almsot 15 years has left the children and I 3 weeks ago. I was served divorce papers yesterday.

So where I go from here I do not know. At this point the papers I was served said that he wanted "the courts to divide the assets equitably to both parties equally" which may or may not mean that I will lose our house. The court could order it sold so as to liquidate the debt. Or I could be awarded the privilege of paying for it on my own. I don't know what will happen next.

I keep on pushing towards the prize. This wasn't a complete surprise so I can't say I am in shock truly. Still, it is hard. It hurts. Horribly.

To remind myself of who I am in Christ, of Who He is to me I made the following signs to post under my windwos on the outside of the house. I pray that will remind me DAILY of the awesome power of God especially in terrible trials such as this.

There are 4 signs in all, one for each of the windows on the front of the house. There is:

El Shaddai - The All Sufficient One

Jehovah-jireh - The LORD will Provide

Jehovah-rapha - The LORD who Heals

Jehovah-tsidkenu - The LORD our Righteousness

I am making one for above the door "As for me and my house...." In so many ways I feel free to worship, serve and love my LORD like I could never do with my husband present in our home. It is hard to explain. I suppose only those who have been here will know what I mean by that. I am crushed, broken, hurt hurt hurt that my marriage is over. It hurts. It is the end of dreams, visions, hopes, plans... but God is still on the throne. I pray He makes Himself manifest to my children and I in this time like no other.

3 Comments:

Blogger 6littlelambs said...

Kelly, I'm so glad to see an update! I (and all of us on the Purple Team) have really missed you, been worried about you, and earnestly praying for you and your children. I love the signs you made for your home. Keep surrounding yourself with God and His promises! I am here if you need ANYTHING. Love ya and miss ya!

Renee

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly. I am so sorry for you and children's struggles. I posted to you 2 other times before about 2 and 6 months ago, but could never get the site to work. So, I am trying again. I am Dawn Jacob's friend. I love your blog, and have from the 1st time I read it. I hurt so for your family. I was hoping we would get to meet you at the park in Lee's Summit before Dawn left. You were unable get there. I think you didn't have a car at home that day. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you and your family. Hope to meet you sometime soon.
bye,
Vickie Hannah in KC, Mo.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly- i am so sorry. i don't know what to say. i wish there was something i could say or do but please know i'm praying for you. email me if you want- agodlyhomemaker@aol.com

tami

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home