My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Saturday, December 23, 2006

We Have A Toilet!!!

OH man I will NEVER take a shining white, gleaming flushing toilet for granted again. And you shouldn't either! Austin and I laid the tile in the bathroom floor on Tuesday and flushed the toilet for the first time on Wednesday afternoon. It's pretty much been going non-stop since then. Abby asked, "Is it really ok to use? I mean USE?" We had been flushing it just to hear the sound for a while and it seems that she didn't want to be the first one to mess it up. hehehe

I do have a small drip that I have to figure out how to fix. Other than that we're good! I sewed a shower curtain yesterday and matching curtains from a white chennile old bedspread. It's to cute with the fringe hanging down! The color of the walls isn't quite right though... too blue and not enough green. SO that has to be changed eventually. IT's so pratty though with the white trim and the toilet.... oh the toilet...


Ode to a Toilet
Your flush is music to my ears
your water trickling brings on tears
your shining complexion is gleamingly pure
oh toilet, my toilet! of this I am sure
sparkling I'll keep you into the years!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farm gal, I loved that poem. Keep on keeping on. We have a great GOD. MMB

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home