My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Friday, July 07, 2006

Chess the Hours Away



The boys and Shawn like to play chess... Abby knows how to set up the pieces now and Luke pretends he is an expert. So, me being the perfectionist that I am, got sick of cruddy old cardboard chess and checker boards and made them a permanent one!


Here is the top of it....

It is made of an old sewing machine cabinet!!! The door swings out in the front and holds the pieces perfectly. And chess is, of course, a very old game - perfect for 1830's living! In the evenings, this is their favorite things to do (other than watch a The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.)

So there you have it. The rabbit hutches are done too - but the white paint inspired me and this project has been rattling around in the back of my brain for long enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, Kelly!!!!! wow!!! Annie

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home