My Country Quest

Follow along our journey back to the land. This is where we will record our thoughts, musings and dealings with terrible dragons right here for your viewing pleasure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Chilling Discovery

Did you know one can actually develop health problems from taking cold baths under the night sky? Well... at least I heard that from my husband last night. His, ummm... personal property could be severely injured by taking cold baths such as the ones we partake of.

ROFLOL!!!!!
(rolling on floor laughing out loud)

OH my... I laughed and laughed and laughed when he told me that! I am still laughing over it!!! People are starting to get concerned though.

We visited my Dad for the 4th of July and he says into the phone,
"Now don't be offended. Please don't be, I don't mean it this way at all."

I said, "What, Dad?

"Bring clean clothes with you."

At first I was thinking he was embarrased by us but then I thought, 'No it can't be that. We are always clean when we go somewhere...'

He says again real quick while I'm not saying anything, trying to process his request. "I have all the towels you need. Take a hot shower. Please. For me. Cold water gets real old."

ROFLOL!!!! So Shawn and I did. I took my first hot shower in 5 weeks and counting! Well, actually I took a shower, then I drew bath water and took a bath, then I took another shower. :-) A long one. Shawn said he was afraid I was going to revolt and refuse to ever come out.

I am so sorry that my entries of late have been almost soley about bathing and personal hygeine. They say when one falls into desperate times it tries one mental stamina. Uhhh.... yep. Sure does.

I'll post something on a "homesteading" theme this afteroon. We will have out rabbit pen finished so I'll show you a picture of that. But make no mistake. Personal hygeine IS a sigificant part of homesteading. Make no mistake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kelly! i'm laughing with you!! tami ( from virtuous sisters)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home